Procedure to apply for Aadhaar card:
- For residents of India, Aadhaar Card Enrollment is Free.
- You may apply for Aadhaar card at any location, anywhere in India.
- How to apply for Aadhaar card online?
Not all Aadhaar card centres have online appointment registration facility.
- Apply for Aadhaar Card Appointment Online. To check nearby centre has service of online appointment.
- Once you have taken the online appointment, collect the required documents (see below) and go to the centre with the documents at the assigned date and time.
How to apply for Aadhaar card at the centre?
- If there is no facility for an online appointment, one can simply walk into the nearby centre.
- To contact nearby Aadhaar card centre click here: Locate Nearby Aadhaar Card Centers.
What documents are required to apply for Aadhaar card?
- Generally, 1 identity and 1 address proof document are required to apply for Aadhaar card. To know about the documents required to apply for Aadhaar card click here: Aadhaar Card Documents Required–documents required
- Member without valid documents can still enrol if has a name in their family document and then has to submit it first to carry on the process.
- One can contact the concerned department for information on documents or can take help of introducers present.
Where do I get Aadhaar card application form?
- You can get a free Aadhaar card application form(s) at the Aadhaar card centre itself, or you may choose to download it online.
- It would be a smooth and fast process if one download, prints (and/or make xerox copies for other family members) and go to the Aadhaar card centre with the already filled application form(s) to save time at the centre.
- To download Aadhaar card application form and to learn how to fill Aadhaar Card form click here: Aaadhaar Card Application Form .
- At the Aadhaar card centre your photo, fingerprints and iris scan will be taken as a part of the enrollment.
- It is advisable to review your information there and there to make corrections if any.
- Now one receives an Acknowledgement slip with temporary enrollment number and other details.
- You will need details of this Acknowledgement Slip in future in order to print duplicate Aadhaar card, Hence place it safely.
- A resident can enrol only once as doing it again won’t fetch you any different/another aadhaar number.
- Your given information details will be verified centrally. One will get an SMS and/or email notification on successful verification and later after a few days your Aadhaar number will be printed and sent to your address through post.
- You can print as many duplicates of Aadhaar card once you got msg/mail confirmation with Aadhaar card details.
- Usual processing time for Aadhaar card is 60 to 90 days. Though it may take some more time due to strict checking and depends on the backlog.
- Corrective measures will be taken upon verification or else resident will be asked to enrol and such letter will be posted to them.
- Post (of India) is being given the responsibility of printing and delivery of Aadhaar letters. It may take 3 to 5 weeks to print and deliver Aadhaar letters to the residents.